Saturday, June 15, 2013

Students Working on a Scholarship?

Hello,my name is Sarah.We're students working a special scholarship project.I'll let you take a look....

.......

.......

How many times do us canvassers repeat this phrase every day?I don't know.I don't want to.But I do know this:It borders on 100 times per average day.We canvass 5 days a week.All summer.

Yeah,you get it.

It's alot of times.

I've found myself repeating this phrase without the slightest thought of what I was saying this week.It's good and bad at the same time.It's good because it means I've finally learned the prescribed canvass(a long process) and can now cease struggling to create a new canvass at each door.But something troubles me also;it means I am getting into the habit of canvassing.It means that I'm doing things from habit instead of necessarily trying to canvass.I'm not doing a good job of explaining this but what I mean is that I pray that the fire we had at the start of our journey with Jesus may never flicker and die out.

I noticed that this summer my love of businesses wasn't as strong as before.I didn't really care where my leader dropped me off.

Now to get back to the introduction I used.Yes,we are students working on a scholarship project.We definitely need money for our education.But our mission goes much deeper...it goes deeper than scholarships and school and money.

The efforts we put forth in the heat and cold,in the sun and rain and snow,may tell in Heaven.It will be worth it.

Sometimes we struggle to drag ourselves to the finish line without collapsing.Literally.But there is a Heaven ahead where the will be lots of time to rest.Forever.Shall we now give our best to the Master?

This summer is perhaps my busiest summer ever.Not only cause I'm canvassing,but also that I'm taking a correspondence course as well.If you don't hear from me often,know that I love you all and will eventually get a few minutes to blog about what's happening.In the mean time,please pray for me and my entire team as we work here in Crowley,Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment