Wednesday, May 15, 2013

All the Way My Saviour Leads Me

As I reflect upon the past few months,I see God's mercy ordering events from something as small as a kind friend being willing to print important documents off the computer to a pretty huge step like being accepted to Ouachita Hills College.

I'm still in shock.

Still in amazement at how blocked doors were opened and gigantic mountains were removed by Jesus.

The words of the hymn "All the Way My Saviour Leads Me" are especially comforting to me.

"For I know what-ere befalls me,Jesus doeth all things well".As a canvasser,these last few words of the first stanza hold a special meaning.Those who canvass or do any outreach know well that
 there are dangers and trials that come but Jesus does do all things well.

He has sent His angels to watch over us and keep us safe from harm.But sometimes He does not protect us from all trials and hardships;not because He doesn't care but because He sees our characters could improve to be more like His.

This is precisely what happened to me this last canvassing program. A multitude of trials came slamming their way towards not only myself but alot of the canvassers.

I'm afraid the fire of wanting to work for God had begun to cool off prior to the program.

It was a wake-up call to me to be more alert that we're in a battle.It's not over yet. The more earnestly we work the sooner it will end,but until that day we must press on until Jesus comes. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment