Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Repent

This morning I was contemplating what to blog about since you are most likely growing weary of my ramblings about canvassing.
Mmmm..I think it will be forgiveness today.
Have you ever had someone in your life who ruined your dreams,spoiled your plans,and marred your happiness?Or perhaps someone who spoiled your best moments or your only chance to have fun or be yourself?Someone who tries hard to shape you into their mold?Who insists on you going out in their armor? 
Recently,I was in this situation.Angry feelings of resentment raged inside.I wish I could...
But then I started asking myself what good all of this anger was doing?And of course the answer is nothing.
It's easy for us to stand up for our rights and be willing to sacrifice all reason for the sake of getting back at our enemy.
But this person has gone past the limits we say...no more mercy for them.
Just then,the Words of Jesus gently remind."Love your enemies."
But Lord...
It was almost as if He was saying,Sarah,you have done wrong too.Maybe you have treated others and me even worse than this individual.But I still forgave you..I didn't count your case as hopeless.
It was then that I realized that God had forgiven me of much more than I would ever need to forgive.He was just asking me to return a little gratitude to Him by forgiving a small offense.
It was humbling to think how much harm we do not only ourselves,but also everyone around us when we hold hard feelings and grudged against anyone.
Jesus can be pictured dying on the cross for us.He would have done it if it had only been for one of us.And how do we treat Him back?
He was willing.
Amazing love!How can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment